Monday Miscellany — Beat Vancouver!!
- Updated: December 1, 2008
Stick With What Works
Per the Dispatch, do not expect any significant changes in the lineup tonight against Vancouver. After a solid showing over the Caps, why change?
Rookie Goalie Matchup?
Tonight might be an interesting faceoff between two rookie goalies — Steve Mason and Cory Schneider, who made his debut against Calgary the other night in a 3 – 1 loss. Vancouver media are high on Schneider, and consensus was that he was hung out to dry by the Canucks defense.
With the west coast swing through San Jose, LA and Anaheim coming up, a great effort against Vancouver is essential to build some positive momentum before embarking on the trip.
Keys To The Game
- Stay out of the box — while our PK has been much better, let’s not give Vancouver any opportunites.
- Pucks On Goal — Whether it is Schneider or Sandford, get lots of rubber to the net early and often. Let’s get more on goal, and fewer wide or high.
- S.O.S. — Shut out Sedins — need I say more?
- PP Motion — Keep the puck flying around during the PP and good things will happen, provided we can finish the opportunities (see Pucks On Goal above)
Vancouver has been on a minor scoring drought of late, not having score 4 or more since November 13. Let’s extend that drought 1 more game and get 4 or 5 of our own.