Blue Jackets drinking game
- Updated: December 18, 2010
Drinking alcohol has always been a big part of my hockey-watching experience. The Blue Jackets latest slump got me thinking (scary I know), why not have a Blue Jackets drinking game? I am drinking during the game anyways, why not make my own sport out of it? So I now present to you, the Official FireTheCannon.com drinking game!
My goal is to revise the game as needed, and take suggestions from other fans on what should be added/revised/taken away. So if you have any ideas shoot them my way.
But before we move onto the game:
FireTheCannon.com does not support alcohol abuse, underage drinking, or drinking and driving. The following is meant for responsible adults, of legal drinking age, and meant for entertainment. In short, don’t be stupid.
Now onto the game.
- TV, computer, game ticket, or some other means to view the game.
- Alcoholic beverage, I prefer Coors Light (where’s my endorsement check?)
- Some friends to play with (if you don’t have any friends make a Twitter account, there are many wonderful CBJ fans there that will be your sponsor)
- Anytime you hear “Gotta see it live!”
- Someone throws a punch
- Nash does something flashy/showing off.
- You lip-read Arniel speaking his mind using mostly swears.
- Brassard passes when he should have shot – @Canadan82
- Stralman playing? Drink when he turns over the puck. – @unclepg
- Everytime an announcer calls the wrong sweater number/name – @alexcstallings
- Anytime you feel like telling Davidge to shut up, or he makes a Miami reference – @Jseck93 and @frickindannie
- If Davidge says any of the following:
- “Goal scorers, goal” – @KennyMartsolf
- “As good as it gets” – @alexcstallings
- “Steady diet of rubber” – @alexcstallings
- “Your goalie mist be your best penalty killer” – @alexcstallings
- “Put a little mustard on it!” – @Cor1040
- “In the facial area” – CincyCBJFan
- “Alls” i.e. “And Alls he needs to do is …” – Mary (FireThatCannon.com)
- If Rimmer says any of the following:
- “Through and across the line” – cbusbj99
- “Changes it up on the fly” – cbusbj99
- Umberger/OSU reference. Or a reference to how much Umberger means to this team – @TheVic61
- When Rimer gives a player’s resume when they touch the puck, i.e. “Nikky Zherdev, the former Blue Jacket” – @telepathetic
- If the keys to the game include “get out to a fast start” – @kat021171
- The refs miss a very obvious call against the opposing team.
- The Blue Jackets score (Finish your drink if it is a PP goal) – @Jseck93
- Any time the camera angle is focusing on a coach/goalie/random person while there is action going on. – @unclepg
- When Voracek hits the post. – @unclepg
- Everytime Jared Boll goes for a check and hits the glass instead. – @Cor1040
- During post game interviews. 2 drinks everytime a player answers answers an obvious question with “It’s huge.” – @jonnyba
- Huselius (a) reloading after having a clear shot -or- (b) he blows a shot more than 4 feet wide – @Canadan82
- Jan Hejda shoots directly into a player already prepared to block a shot. – @Canadan82
- The refs make a very bogus call against the CBJ.
- Boll get’s hungry and tries to eat his stick.
- The Blue Jackets give up a point. (If Mason starts tonight, start chugging.) – @jonnyba
Finish Your Drink:
- Boomer appearance on TV – @Tony_CBJF
- FSN Ohio interviews more opposing players/coaches/owners than they do Jackets players/coaches/owners – @Canadan82